SIZE: One Size
About 31 in. (78.5 cm) long at widest point
• 480-204 Lion Brand Nature's Choice Organic Cotton Yarn: Limeade 5 Balls
• Large-Eye Blunt Needles (Set of 6)
• Additional Materials
Circular knitting needle size 8 (5 mm), 36 in. (91.5 cm) long
15 sts = about 4 in. (10 cm) in Stockinette st (k on RS, p on WS). BE SURE TO CHECK YOUR GAUGE.
When you match the gauge in a pattern, your project will be the size specified in the pattern and the materials specified in the pattern will be sufficient. If it takes you less stitches and rows to make a 4 in. [10 cm] square, try using a smaller size hook or needles; if more stitches and rows, try a larger size hook or needles.
kfb (knit into front and then back)
An increase worked as follows:
1. Knit the next st through the front loop, but do not remove the st from your left hand needle.
2. Knit the same st once more, this time inserting your needle through the back loop of the st. You will have created 2 loops (sts) on your right hand needle.
3. Drop the st from your left hand needle - you have increased 1 st.
skp (slip-knit-pass slipped st over)
A decrease worked as follows:
1. Slip the next st as if to knit, from the left needle to the right needle.
2. Knit the next st.
3. With tip of left needle, lift the slipped st (the 2nd st on right needle) up and over the first st on right needle and off the needle - you have decreased 1 st.
1. Shawl is worked from side to side, from one point across to the other point.
2. Circular needle is used to accommodate large number of sts. Work back and forth on circular needle, as if working on straight needles.
Cast on 2 sts.
Row 1: (Kfb) twice - 4 sts at the end of this row.
Row 2: K2tog, yo, k1, yo, k1 - 5 sts at the end of this row.
Row 3 (WS): Purl.
Row 4: K2tog, yo, k to last st, yo, k1 - 6 sts at the end of this row.
Rep last 2 rows until there are a total of 116 sts, end with a WS row. Note: End with a WS row means that the last row you work should be a WS row, and the next row that you are ready to work will be a RS row.
Next Row (RS): K2tog, yo, k to last 4 sts, skp, yo, k2tog - 115 sts at the end of this row.
Next Row: Purl.
Rep last 2 rows until 5 sts remain, end with a WS row.
Next Row: K2tog, k1, k2tog.
Bind off rem 3 sts.
Weave in ends.