Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Noro Hat - New Crown

Yesterday I had a Noro Hat Pattern. Here is another version of the pattern with a different crown.




It's made from about one and a half skeins of Noro Kureyon color #182 and knit it on a 16 inch size 7 circular and when it got too hard to work with I went to double points.

It's pretty straightforward for a hat. Saartje de Bruijn, the designer of the original has you cast on with 95 stitches. I upped it to 96 just to make the crown decreases work out easier.




You start with 8 rounds of knit, then 4 rounds of purl, then 4 rounds of knit, then 4 rounds of purl. I kept going, alternating 4 rounds of knit and 4 rounds of purl until I had completed six purl sections.


I knit one round then on the next round I K10, k2tog around.


Then a plain knit round; then K9, k2tog around; then a plain round; then K8, k2tog around, then a plain round...


I kept going until there were only 4 stitches on the needles and I pulled the yarn through the stitches snugging them tight and secured it inside the hat weaving it in the ends.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Do you know of a crochet version of a normal hat? I only crochet

knitqwik projects slideshow