SIZE: One Size
29 in. (73.5 cm) at longest point x 56 in. (142 cm) wide
• 550-099 Lion Brand Pound of Love Yarn: Antique White 1 Ball
• Lion Brand Crochet Hook - Size H-8
• Lion Brand Split Ring Stitch Markers
• Large-Eye Blunt Needles (Set of 6)
• Additional Materials
Circular knitting needle size 8 (5 mm), 29 in. (73.5 cm) long
18 sts = about 4 in. (10 cm) in pattern.
EXACT GAUGE IS NOT ESSENTIAL TO THIS PROJECT.
BE SURE TO CHECK YOUR GAUGE. When you match the gauge in a pattern, your project will be the size specified in the pattern and the materials specified in the pattern will be sufficient. If it takes you less stitches and rows to make a 4 in. [10 cm] square, try using a smaller size hook or needles; if more stitches and rows, try a larger size hook or needles.
1. Place markers as instructed on Row 3 to mark the center st. On following rows, slip markers each time you come to them.
2. Shawl begins at center back neck and is shaped by working yarn over (yo) increases.
3. A yarn over creates a new loop on your needle and is worked by wrapping the yarn around your right hand needle. Do not use an existing st to make a yarn over. The finished yarn over will leave an open space (like an eyelet) in your knitting-that is part of this design.
4. 2 sts at the beginning and end of every row are always knit.
5. A series of yarn overs and k2togs are worked on Row 9 to create the eyelet pattern.
6. A circular needle is used to accommodate the large number of sts. Work back and forth on the
circular needle as if working on straight needles.
Cast on 5 sts.
Row 1: (RS) K2, yo, k1, yo, k2 - 7 sts at the end of this row.
Row 2: K2, yo, p1, k1, p1, yo, k2 - 9 sts at the end of this row.
Row 3: K2, yo, k2, yo, place marker (pm), k1, pm, yo, k2, yo, k2 - 13 sts at the end of this row.
Row 4: K2, yo, p to marker, sl marker (sm), k1, sm, p to last 2 sts, yo, k2 - 15 sts at the end of this row.
Row 5: K2, yo, k to marker, yo, sm, k1, sm, yo, k to last 2 sts, yo, k2 - 19 sts at the end of this row.
Row 6: Rep Row 4 - 21 sts at the end of this row.
Rows 7 and 8: Rep Rows 5 and 6 - 27 sts at the end of Row 8.
Row 9 (Eyelet): K2, yo, *k2tog, yo; rep from * to 1 st before marker, k1, yo, sm, k1, sm, yo, k1, **yo, k2tog;
rep from ** to last 2 sts, yo, k2 - 31 sts at the end of this row.
Row 10: K2, p to marker, sl marker (sm), k1, sm, p to last 2 sts, k2.
Row 11: K2, yo, k to marker, yo, sm, k1, sm, yo, k to last 2 sts, yo, k2 - 35 sts at the end of this row.
Row 12: Note: On Row 12, you are knitting across a WS row to form a ridge on the RS of Shawl. Knit, slipping
markers as you come to them.
Row 13: Rep Row 11 - 39 sts at the end of this row.
Rows 14 and 15: Rep Rows 10 and 11 - 43 sts at the end of Row 15.
Row 16: Rep Row 10.
Rep Rows 9-16 for pattern 16 more times - 299 sts.
Bind off as follows: *Insert crochet hook through the next 3 sts and sl off needle, yo and draw through all sts on
hook, chain 5; rep from * across to last 2 sts, insert crochet hook through the last 2 sts and sl off needle, yo and
draw through all sts on hook. Fasten off.
Weave in ends.