Round and Round you knit, color after color...starting in the middle and working out to the edge...once you're done, this blanket will keep you warm, I pledge!
SIZE: One Size
Approximately 64 in. (162.5 cm) square. Since piece is not a perfect square, measurement is based on row gauge. Measurement of piece will vary greatly depending on where measurement is taken.
• 620-098 Lion Brand Wool-Ease®: Natural Heather 1 Ball (A
• 620-403 Lion Brand Wool-Ease®: Mushroom 1 Ball (B)
• 620-126 Lion Brand Wool-Ease: Chocolate Brown 2 Balls (C)
• 620-138 Lion Brand Wool-Ease®: Cranberry 1 Ball (D)
• 620-139 Lion Brand Wool-Ease®: Dark Rose Heather 1 Ball (E)
• 620-104 Lion Brand Wool-Ease®: Blush Heather 1 Ball (F)
• 620-171 Lion Brand Wool-Ease: Gold1 Ball (G)
• 620-177 Lion Brand Wool-Ease®: Loden 1 Ball (H)
• 620-107 Lion Brand Wool-Ease®: Blue Heather 1 Ball (J)
• 620-123 Lion Brand Wool-Ease®: Seaspray 1 Ball (K)
• Double-Pointed Needles - Size 8
• Stitch Markers
• Large-Eye Blunt Needles
• Additional Materials
· Size 8 (5 mm) circular needle 16 in. (40 cm) long
· Size 8 (5 mm) circular needle 24 in. (60 cm) long
· Size 8 (5 mm) circular needle 36 in. (91 cm) long
18 sts and 24 rows = 4 in. (10 cm) over St st (k on RS, p on WS). BE SURE TO CHECK YOUR GAUGE. When you match the gauge in a pattern, your project will be the size specified in the pattern and the materials specified in the pattern will be sufficient. If it
takes you less stitches and rows to make a 4 in. [10 cm] square, try using a smaller size hook or needles; if more stitches and rows, try a larger size hook or needles.
M1 (make 1 st) Knit rows Insert left needle from front to back under horizontal strand between st just worked and next st on left needle. Knit this strand through back loop to twist it.
M1 (make 1 st) Purl rows Insert left needle from back to front under horizontal strand between st just worked and next st on left needle. Purl this strand through front loop to twist it.
Many different lengths of circular needles are called for since throw begins with very few sts and ends with very many.
Beg at center with A and double pointed needles (dpn), cast on 8 sts. Divide evenly on 4 dpns with 2 sts on each needle. Join, taking care not to twist sts and mark beg of rnd.
Rnd 1: Knit.
Rnd 2: * K2, M1; rep from * to end of rnd - 12 sts.
Rnd 3: * K3, M1; rep from * to end of rnd - 16 sts.
Rnds 4-6: Cont in this manner, knitting 1 st more before each M1 every rnd (4 sts are increased every row) -28 sts after Rnd 6.
Color Rnd 1: Change to B and work rnds as before, inc 4 sts each rnd with 1 more st before M1 - 32 sts.
Color Rnd 2: * P8, M1; rep from * to end of rnd.
Color Rnds 3- 6: Cont as in this manner, purling 1 st more before each M1 every rnd.
Color Rnd 7: * K13, M1; rep from * to end of rnd.
Color Rnds 8- 12: Continue in this manner, knitting 1 st more before each M1 every rnd.
Repeat Color Rnds 1-12 in each color as in color sequence as follows: C, D, E, F, G, H, J, K, H, E, F, A, B, C.
Knit Color Rnds 1 and Color Rnds 7-12, purl Color Rnds 2-6. This alternates color stripes in St st and Rev St st. Always work 1 stitch more before each M1 every rnd. Change needle lengths as needed to accommodate number of sts. After working last Color Rnds 1-12 in C, cont with C in garter st (p 1 rnd, k 1 rnd) for 5 rnds.
Bind off all sts loosely in knit.
Weave in ends.