If you are living in the southern areas of the world and your winters just aren't like Chicago or Norway, you still may need a scarf to keep you warm. Moving to Texas, I have stopped using big bulky wool yarn, (unless knitting something for my Northern friends!) I've switched to knitting with sock yarn, still getting the warmth, but without the bulk! And have you seen the sock yarns lately??? They are amazing and popping with all kinds of color!
SIZE: One Size
About 13 x 140 in. (33 x 355.5 cm)
CORRECTIONS: None as of May 11, 2010. To check for later updates, click here.
• 240-133 Lion Brand Sock-Ease Yarn: Circus Peanut 1 Ball (A)
• 240-202 Lion Brand Sock-Ease Yarn: Taffy 1 Ball (B)
• 240-139 Lion Brand Sock-Ease Yarn: Lollipop 1 Ball (C)
• 240-174 Lion Brand Sock-Ease Yarn: Green Apple 1 Ball (D)
• 240-203 Lion Brand Sock-Ease Yarn: Red Hots 1 Ball (E)
• 240-138 Lion Brand Sock-Ease Yarn: Grape Soda 1 Ball (F)
• 240-178 Lion Brand Sock-Ease Yarn: Snow Cone 1 Ball (G)
• 240-206 Lion Brand Sock-Ease Yarn: Sour Ball 1 Ball (H)
• 240-126 Lion Brand Sock-Ease Yarn: Root Beer 1 Ball (I)
• Large-Eye Blunt Needles (Set of 6)
• Additional Materials
Knitting needles size 3 (3.25 mm)
26 sts = 4 in. (10 cm) in St st (k on RS, p on WS). BE SURE TO CHECK YOUR GAUGE.
When you match the gauge in a pattern, your project will be the size specified in the pattern and the materials specified in the pattern will be sufficient. If it takes you less stitches and rows to make a 4 in. [10 cm] square, try using a smaller size hook or needles; if more stitches and rows, try a larger size hook or needles.
Scarf edges are designed to roll to wrong side of scarf.
STRIPE SEQUENCE *Work 50 rows with A, 40 rows with B, 20 rows with C, 50 rows with D, 50 rows with E, 30 rows with F 20 rows with G, 50 rows with H, 40 rows with I, 10 rows with C, 20 rows with H, 30 rows with G; rep from * for Stripe Sequence.
Cast on 85 sts. Work in St st (k on RS, p on WS) until piece measures about 140 in. (355.5 cm) from beginning. Bind
Weave in ends.