Thursday, July 22, 2010

Knit Placemats

Freshen up your dining table with cotton knitted placemats! Solid or sripes, coordinate your colors!


SIZE: One Size
11 x 15 in. [28 x 38 cm]

MATERIALS
• 760-112 Lion Brand Lion Cotton: Poppy Red 1 Skein (A)
• 830-134 Lion Brand New Cotton Ease: Terracotta 1 Skein (B)
• 760-140 Lion Brand Lion Cotton: Rose 1 Skein (C)
• 830-149 Lion Brand New Cotton Ease: Stone 1 Skein (D)
• 830-122 Lion Brand New Cotton Ease: Taupe 1 Skein (E)
• Knitting Needles- Size 8 [5 mm]
• Large-Eye Blunt Needles

GAUGE:
16 stitches + 30 rows = 4 in. [10 cm] in Garter stitch (knit every row). BE SURE TO CHECK YOUR GAUGE.

SOLID PLACEMAT
Cast on 60 stitches with desired color.
Work even in Garter stitch (knit every row) until piece measures 11 in. [28 cm] from beginning.
Bind off.

STRIPED PLACEMAT
Work as for Solid Placemat, working 1 row of each color in the following stripe sequence: *A, B, C, D, E, repeat from * until piece measures 11 in. [28 cm] from beginning.
Bind off.

FINISHING
Weave in ends.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I started red placemats yesterday. I had some errors so I unravelled, but I'll try again. I got the idea from here. Your multi-colored ones look so nice! I couldn't find you on the web last night bc I forgot your name. Glad I bookmarked you on this computer. love the placemats. :)

Robyn, Hsv, AL

KnitQwik said...

Glad you found me! Good luck on the placemats...

Vicki said...

Love these placemats. I'm thinking of using 2 stands of the yarn for extra thickness - like a hot pad. Can you think of anything I may need to adjust in the pattern?

Vicki said...

I love these placemats. What do you think about using a double strand of the yarn for more thickness? Any thoughts on what I might need to adjust in the pattern?

KnitQwik said...

Vicki, I think you can double the strands, but go down a size in the needles to keep the dimensions. Let me know how this works for you!

knitqwik projects slideshow