Mid-summer?...Yes, but now is the time to knit for fall and winter! What better way to get in the groove than a mixed yarn cowl!
SIZE: One Size
Finished Circumference About 56 in. (142 cm) Finished Height About 19 in. (48.5 cm)
• 320-134 Lion Brand Fun Fur Yarn: Copper 2 Balls (A)
• 825-204 Lion Brand Amazing Yarn: Mesa 2 Balls (B)
• 450-135 Lion Brand Jiffy Yarn: Rust 2 Balls (C)
• Knitting Needles - Size 10 [6 mm]
• Large-Eye Blunt Needles
14 sts = about 4 in. (10 cm) in St st (k on RS, p on WS) with C. BE SURE TO CHECK YOUR GAUGE. When you match the gauge in a pattern, your project will be the size specified in the pattern and the materials specified in the pattern will be sufficient. If it takes you less stitches and rows to make a 4 in. [10 cm] square, try using a smaller size hook or needles; if more stitches and rows, try a larger size hook or needles.
1. Cowl in knit as a long strip, then ends are seamed together to form Cowl.
2. Cowl is worked in St st (k on RS, p on WS). Due to the nature of St st, edges of Cowl will roll.
With B, cast on 67 sts. Work in St st (k on RS, p on WS) in stripe sequence as follows:
*Work 16 rows with B, 18 rows with A, 12 rows with C, 8 rows with B, 10 rows with A, 6 rows with C, 10 rows with B, 6 rows with C; rep from * for stripe sequence.
Work 86 row stripe sequence for a total of 4 times. Bind off, leaving a long yarn tail.
Thread yarn tail into blunt needle and seam ends of piece to make a tube. Weave in ends.