Using different textures of yarn, with a diagonal stitch will make your scarf the focal point of your outfit.
Finished Size: Width approx 6μ x 70"/16 x 177.5cm
Gauge: • 16 sts = 4"/10cm over garter st in Minestrone using size9 (5.5mm) needles.
TAKE TIME TO CHECK YOUR GAUGE.
• 1 3≤oz/100g skein (each approx 110yd/100m) of Trendsetter Yarns
Minestrone (polyamide/ acrylic/nylon) in #10 olive earth (A)
• 1 3≤oz/100g skein (each approx 65yd/61m) of Trendsetter Yarns Cha Cha (wool/acrylic/nylon) in #421 khaki (B)
• One pair size 9 (5.5mm) needles OR SIZE TO OBTAIN GAUGE
Row 1 K in front and back of st (inc 1), k to last 3 sts, k2tog,k1. Row 2 Knit across the row.
1. To work with Cha Cha, fold end of ribbon towards front and overlap 2 boxes. Place ribbon on back side of knitting. Place point of RH needle into first st of LH needle. Pick up top edge of open box of Cha Cha and pull through to knit the st. Rep for each st across the row. For the last row of stripe, cut through center of ribbon at 5th open box. Fold ribbon forward over itself to
line up 2 boxes. Work last two boxes through both top edges to hem.
2. Be sure to bury all tails as you work to secure Cha Cha.
With size 9 (5.5mm) needle and A, cast on 25 sts.
Knit 1 row.
Change to B following instructions for working with Cha Cha in the note above and working in the Diagonal Knitting pat at the same time.
Work B for 8 rows total. Cut tail from A.
Pull st tight to keep Cha Cha from pulling through and bury tail immediately.
Rejoin A and cont in Diagonal Knitting for 30 rows.
Rep stripes of B and A until enough yarn remains to bind off, or desired length.