This rug will bring a bit of the outdoors indoors!...amd no mowing!
SIZE: One Size
About 22 x 30 in. (56 x 76 cm)
• 630-130 Lion Brand Wool-Ease Chunky Yarn: Grass 5 Balls (A)
• 620-174 Lion Brand Wool-Ease Yarn: Avocado 4 Balls (B)
• 620-173 Lion Brand Wool-Ease Yarn: Sage 2 Balls (C)
• Knitting Needles - size 35 [19mm]
• Large-Eye Blunt Needles
9 loops = 8 in. (20.5 cm) in pattern with 5 strands of yarn held tog. BE SURE TO CHECK YOUR GAUGE. When you match the gauge in a pattern, your project will be the size specified in the pattern and the materials specified in the pattern will be sufficient. If it
takes you less stitches and rows to make a 4 in. [10 cm] square, try using a smaller size hook or needles; if more stitches and rows, try a larger size hook or needles.
Make 1 Loop
1. Knit next st without removing it from left needle.
2. Bring the yarn from the back, between the needles, to the front and wrap it around your thumb.
Take the yarn to the back again, between the needles. You should now have a loop of yarn wrapped around your thumb.
3. Knit into the same st as in step #1 and remove it from the left needle. You have 2 new sts on your right needle, both created from the original st worked in step #1.
4. With tip of left needle, lift the 2nd st on the right needle over the first st and off the needle. Note: You have not decreased in this step, so your st count will remain the same.
1. Rug is worked with 5 strands of yarn held tog throughout, 2 strands of A + 2 strands of B + 1 strand of C.
2. Length of "grass" is controlled by the length of the loop sts. Make the loop sts as long or as short as desired. If you make very long loops, additional yarn may be required.
3. When working loop sts, wrap the working yarn around the thumb or fingers of either hand, whichever is most comfortable.
With 2 strands A, 2 strands B, and 1 strand C held tog, cast on 25 sts.
Row 1: Knit.
Row 2 (Right Side): Make 1 Loop in each st to end of row.
Repeat Rows 1 and 2 until piece measures about 30 in. (76 cm) from beginning. Bind off.
Weave in ends. Trim loops as desired.